Libeo is a huge team, spread across the province, who takes care of more than 60 major digital products daily for clients. It goes without saying that establishing certain rituals to encourage exchanges and highlighting our team’s achievements become essential.
Inspired by our Agile practices, our team has established a monthly “demo” where all company members can gather at our Québec or Montréal offices, either in person or virtually. This demo is a perfect opportunity to discuss the progress of certain projects, to share good practices, and to showcase/highlight the challenges that have been overcome.
As we say, “a picture is worth a thousand words”, so what better way to boast our work to our colleagues than a demo! 👩💻
How does it work?
During these meetings, the development teams present the latest advances in digital product development, as well as the challenges they have encountered. These demos can take the form of UX/UI mockups projected on the screen, snippets of code explained, or a feature presented to everyone. Let’s not forget that there are also all the other members of the Libéo team who are invited to share the progress of the last month (sales, marketing, human resources, designers, etc.)
How does it function?
These meetings preferably take place at our Québec and Montréal offices but some participate remotely.
Why are we doing this?
- It feels good to see each other in person for a few hours!
- These internal meetings encourage mutual exchanges and satisfaction in a job well done.
- They are also an opportunity to exchange ideas and share each other’s knowledge and skills to improve the quality of the developed products.
- Taking the time to explain the challenges, the innovations, the failures and the successes, is also a great advantage of our demo products.
- Having very distinct working teams at Libeo, it becomes enriching to see how, and on which type of projects, other teams work on a daily basis.
- The monthly demos offer a great opportunity to examine the latest trends, and to discuss the best digital practices.
To summarize, you can understand that we are very much looking forward to our next monthly demo! We would not want to miss this opportunity to see each other, laugh, and share our pride to work on our clients’ digital products.